OSCAR Sandwell are looking for volunteers to work with our friendly team of staff based in Sandwell; you will have the drive to improve the services for people affected by Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia throughout Sandwell and the West Midlands.
We are looking for individuals who will value the work of OSCAR Sandwell and want to further develop these services to provide support to anyone who is living with or affected by these two blood disorders.
Just two hours a week can make all the difference. You could change your own life and the lives of those in your community, by helping to make OSCAR SANDWELL a great place to be for future generations.
Volunteering at OSCAR Sandwell is flexible, and designed around your interests, skills and availability. With new and varied voluntary roles, here are just some of the things you can do, including:
- Helping the community to discover all OSCAR Sandwell and its partners offer
- Supporting housebound people through befriending services
- Developing, organising and running social and community events
- Helping people to learn skills
- Provide research and information
- Minor repairs and maintenance
- Grounds maintenance
5 reasons to volunteer at OSCAR Sandwell:
- You have the time – all we ask is just two hours a week as a minimum
- Make new friends
- Develop new skills and enhance your put a shine on your CV
- Anyone can volunteer – you don’t need qualifications or particular skills, we can provide training
- Make a difference to your community
- Any out of pocket expenses will be paid
How to become a volunteer
To be considered send your CV along with a covering letter to our email address at firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively you can post the information to us at;
OSCAR Sandwell Company Limited
120 Lodge Road
Alternatively, if you would like to know more or just want to have a chat with someone about volunteering you can call us at 0121 525 0556: