As an independent charity, your support is vital to us. We rely on the goodwill of our local community, Trusts and Foundations, Individual Donors, Public Bodies and Businesses for financial support.
Oscar Sandwell welcome donations, large or small which can help provide opportunities for individuals and their families living with Sickle Cell and Thalassemia.
We welcome larger Corporate donations too and if you would like to find out more about how you can fund the work of the charity please contact us for further information.
Current Fundraising Projects:
Each year it costs approximately £60,000 just to open our doors to our clients.
This does include the cost of maintaining our building, but it does not include the cost of refurbishing our facilities, nor does it include the cost of buying expensive new equipment such as IT or office equipment and furniture or resources and equipment for our young people to use.
- Salary costs to support staffing for the following posts
- Centre Manager
- Community and Health Development Workers
- Volunteer Co-Ordinator
- Youth Development Worker
- Qualified Counsellors
- Activities to raise awareness of the condition of sickle cell and thalassemia
- Mentoring and Befriending Services
- Therapeutic Services
Equipment that we need to raise money for over the next 12+18 months include:
- Office equipment, such as desks, chairs and essential health and safety equipment to enable our staff and volunteers to work in a modern and safe environment. Our ageing equipment is in desperate need for replacement. Prices start from £250 upwards
- Branded Clothing Polo Shirts and Fleeces. This will enable our volunteers to feel part of our organisation and support our brand image (Prices start from £100)
- Conference and Activity tables to support our organisations ability to generate an income from venue hire
- Storage cabinets and information notice boards
- Garden tools to enable our volunteers to maintain the open green space
Major projects include:
- Replacement of the heating system, our boiler is old and is becoming uneconomic to repair
- Replacement of wooden doors and windows into a higher security and energy efficient uPVC system
- Refurbishment of the meeting room, including replacing the floor covering, replacement of the doors and windows and redecoration
- Redecoration of the office and reception area to make a more inviting and fit for purpose space.
- Website Development
Want to make a donation and don’t know how?
Have you ever thought about making a donation to charity. By making a donation to Oscar Sandwell, you will help us continue giving support to people and their families affected by Sickle Cell and Thalassemia.
If you would like to make a donation towards any of these projects or towards helping us maintain activities for clients, please use our donation option to the right of this information, you can donate from £5.00 or any amount affordable to you.
Alternatively, please make a cheque payable to Oscar Sandwell and forward to: The Centre Manager, Oscar Sandwell, 120 Lodge Road, West Bromwich, B70 8PL
Please don’t forget to let us have a contact address so can keep you updated with how your donation has made a difference.
Keep in touch…
We also have a number of fundraising events taking place throughout the year. For more information please visit our news page.